Beautiful, traditional CdP imported by Neal Rosenthal. Classic spice, fruit, game and stony notes of Chateauneuf, with a finesse from fresh mountain air and herbs.
Here's how Neal described tasting Boursan's wines:
[they] were impeccable and very much in the style that we sought … honest, without pretension, rich with the ripe, sweet tannins from the skins and pips of organically-grown grapes.
The Versino family works all thirteen of Chateauneuf's thirteen permitted grapes. Their vines are old; on average they're older than fifty. They work without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. The winemaking is super-traditional too: no de-stemming, long, slow cuvaison (3+weeks) before elevage in wood of varying size (eighteen+ months). This is real deal CdP.
- Free in NY, NJ, CT and DC on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.