Champet is a tiny producer that specializes in the incredibly steep and rocky vineyard La Vialliere. Importer Rare Wine Company says that this can be described as the Chateau Rayas of Cote Rotie because of its old-school, soulful and yet oh-so elegant vibe.
Here is Josh Raynolds' review in Vinous: "Dark violet. Spice- and mineral-accented black and blue fruit aromas show excellent definition and pick up olive, smoky bacon and candied violet notes with air. Sappy and concentrated but energetic as well, offering palate-staining blackberry, bitter cherry and boysenberry flavors that become spicier as the wine opens up. Melds power and finesse with a sure hand and finishes impressively long and sweet, with chewy tannins building steadily. All whole clusters and 10% new oak, a combination of foudres and demi-muids. "
- Free in NY, NJ, CT and DC on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.