A Tribute to Grace 2018 Grenache Santa Barbara County comes from multiple sites and was all destemmed and brought up in neutral French oak. Light cherries, strawberries, elegantly layered rose petals, sit atop a sleek and supple frame. Pinot Noir look-alike that's beautifully balanced with beautiful notes of spice on the finish.
A Tribute to Grace, named for winemaker Angela Osborne’s grandmother, is the culmination of a winding road to winemaking. Angela studied film in her native New Zealand and worked at a wine shop to pay the bills. While she enjoyed wine, it was not her passion. Angela was ready to pursue her film career when a winemaker friend found her a harvest job and insisted that she move to California to take it. Once there, she discovered Grenache and fell hard for the grape that would later become the singular focus of her winemaking. Her wines are ethereal and sheer, allowing the land to shine through the nuanced flavors. This finesse has led to many accolades for Angela, most notably as one of Jon Bonné’s 2015 San Francisco Chronicle Winemakers to Watch.
Angela’s search for graceful Grenache has led her to vineyards from Santa Barbara to the Sierra Foothills. A Tribute to Grace is made from sustainably-farmed grapes with an eye towards Biodynamics. Angela’s mindfulness continues to her delicate handling of wine, which includes the use of neutral oak and only small sulfur additions at bottling for stability.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Perhaps it’s the varietal or the fact that she is a Kiwi but its a bit of a mystery to us that Angela Osborne isn’t on most short lists of best California Winemakers. Over the last decade she has been pulling magic out of Grenache from the desert highlands of California. How can this New Zealand native make such ethereal wines from a grape known for adding alcohol and strawberry notes to blends? It is rumored that Angela fell in love with Grenache after tasting Rayas in the wine shop she worked at in LA. Whether that is true or not, she had a single-minded focus to find a place where she could make single vineyard, terroir expressions of her favorite grape. She searched the great regions on the world but settled on California with its perfect balance of heat and light. Angela partnered with farmers, including Sanford from the famed Sanford & Benedict vineyard, whose passions match her own. They grow perfectly ripe grapes from hand worked, organically farmed vineyards. Angela produces tiny quantities of mineral driven, delicate wines.