From 40 year old vines, this is Anne-Sophie's mid-level cuvée—much more serious than the carbonic Les Cocottes, and perhaps more approachable than Les Labourons. It's aged partly in cement and partly in old oak casks, for rounded tannins and a velvety texture. Supple is fitting word for this wine, with bright strawberry fruit, a hint of Fleurie's floral quality and a long, minerally finish.
Anne-Sophie’s formative years (wine-related, of course) were spent in Burgundy, where she learned the ropes in Volnay. This Burgundian influence all but shouts from inside a bottle of her Fleurie; the structure and minerality she manages to extract from Gamay is nearly beyond comparison.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Anne-Sophie Dubois is a Beaujolais star. She makes some of the most Burgundian Gamay we’ve ever tried, age-worthy Fleuries that ooze the confidence and style of those great Pinot Noirs. The crazy thing is, she’s only been making wine for about 6 or 7 years, and she’s already a master of her craft. She draws her own beautiful wine labels, too.Anne Sophie grew up in Champagne and cut her winemaking teeth in Volnay. Those early experiences as well as her fondness for the wines of the revered Henri Jayer greatly influenced her approach to winemaking. Most Cru Beaujolais traditionally utilizes whole clusters and semi-carbonic fermentation, a method that endows the wines with tell-tale fruity and bouncy qualities. Although we adore the wines of Foillard, Lapierre, and Métras, there's something about Dubois that grasps you in a very different way.Her approach of de-stemmed Gamay and traditional Burgundian fermentation provide more structure and definition than the norm. While her wines retain a fresh and bostrious fruit profile, they are uncommonly structured and focused. It’s a style we absolutely adore.The wines are reminiscent of Gevrey -Chambertin; intense yet supremely elegant, abounding in blackberry, lavender, and strawberry flavors with velvet ribbon-like texture and fine-point tannins. Add that to the unique, granitic mineral profile of Fleurie. What more can be asked of Gamay. Along with these more “serious” Anne-Sophie employs the traditional whole cluster fermentation of her adopted to make a couple of cuvees that are distilled joy.