Beautiful, elegant Barolo from a well-known Cru in the Commune of Barolo. Brezza is a traditionalist at touch, but makes his wines a little less tannic that other traditionalists. This is drinking at its beautiful peak today.
Excellent provenance: this was acquired from the masterful collection of perfectly kept Italian wines at Del Posto.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
While we are fortunate that the fashion for big & bold, flashy & opulent has seen its day in Barolo, that doesn't mean that every traditionally made Barolo manages to achieve the harmony and elegance that we seek—but Brezza delivers.The wines from this address have always been good, but they've become truly fine in recent years. Enzo is the driving force behind the huge step up in quality that this old estate has taken in the past decade or so, as well as their conversion to organic viticulture. He makes unfailingly honest and delicate wines of purpose.Brezza's wines are all from hand-harvested estate fruit and are fermented spontaneously with indigenous yeasts. The Baroli are aged in 3,000L untoasted Slavonian oak botti. None of the wines are fined or filtered. The results are classic beauties of red fruit and charm.