Catherine and Pierre Breton may make natural wine, but they consider themselves to be vignerons of the Loire first and foremost, and their goal is to best express the unique terroir of Bourgeuil (and Chinon and Vouvray, where they also have holdings). They have been working their old vines of Cabernet Franc for decades, and have been certified organic since 1991 (though it wasn't long before they began implementing biodynamic practices, in 1994). 'Perrieres' is their top red, made from old vines with very low yields, planted on limestone and clay rich soils. Brooding dark fruit, a towering structure and classic Cab Franc notes of leather and herbs make for a fine, ageworthy and benchmark wine.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
"From one of the most prized vineyards in Bourgueil, with 40- to 60-year- old vines in silex soils. Aged 24 months in barrique, this is a serious, elegant Cabernet Franc. Savory nose of red fruit, tobacco and touch of vegetal noble. Bloody, meaty texture in the mouth, as well as flavors of baked cherry and hints of black olive. Linear, with fine tannins and a fresh, energetic, lively finish. This has the muscle to age a long time." -Vinous
"This wine comes from one of the top vineyard sites in Bourgueil, well positioned half-way up the slope that rises from the Loire plain. Rich, with biodynamically grown black fruits and tannins that have smoothed out into ripe spice and a generous texture, this is the top wine from this producer." -Roger Voss