Château Yvonne is (aside from Clos Rougeard) the name in Saumur-Champigny, and one of our favorite producers of both Cabernet Franc and Chenin Blanc. The estate itself has grown vines for hundreds of years, first planted by medieval monks. In its current iteration, Yvonne has been certified biodynamic since 2012, and the wine is made with as little manipulation as possible: native yeast fermentation, no additions other than SO2, slow malolactic fermentation, minimal racking, and bottling unfined and unfiltered.
This is Cabernet Franc from a few plots in the village of Parnay on clay and limestone soils, vines up to 80 years in age. Concentrated red strawberry and raspberry fruit, slightly confit, with savory notes of brie rind and cigar box. Generous now, but clearly built to age.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Saumur: it is the little village in the Central Loire that produces such fine Cabernet Franc and Chenin Blanc and has become the latest target of wine collectors looking for trophies, potential trophies, or just great wines to put in their cellars. It's sometimes easy to forget that if you go to Paris, "Saumur" is still just a name that is scrawled on blackboards at simple bistros. You might order a pichet for about 12 euros, and get it a little chilled. Almost always, it is delicious.Château Yvonne produces Chenin Blanc and Cabernet Franc that rank among Saumur's very top echelon, and collectors have started to notice. All of Yvonne's wines are made without artifice: there are no additives and virtually no manipulations, with the exception of a minimal amount of sulfur at bottling. This is fresh, pure, light, and natural.