Fairly high-toned nose of black cherry and raspberry with a hint of flowers and spices in the perfume. The palate is refined and has a lightness but also depth of flavor. Delicious!
From a 1.2 hectare vineyard, Petit Près, which sits right below the village Volnay lieu-dit, Pasquières, and has the classic limestone-clay soils and good exposure. The vines are 50+ years old (planted in '63, '69 and 1970). The farming is organic and the winemaking is all about letting the beautiful fruit and terroir sing, with no new oak at all and a light touch throughout.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Vincent Bitouzet has been in partnership with famed importer Neil Rosenthal for over 30 years, bringing classic, old-school Burgundy to wine lovers in the U.S. His great-great-grandfather established the domaine, and when Vincent married Anne Prieur she brought along her own family history of winemaking along with significant vineyard holdings. Today the domaine is about 12 hectares in Volnay and Meursault.All of the Bitouzet-Prieur vineyards are farmed organically. Copper is kept to a minimum and sexual confusion is employed to reduce insect infestations. Winemaking is very traditional, native yeast fermentation and aging in mostly used barrique.