This is Courbis' masterpiece produced entirely from a plot in Sabarotte purchased from Noel Verset. The site is up high, where Sabarotte is a sold slab of granite that gifts the wine power and finesse.
Courbis makes this in a polished, clean style. It shows a bit of oak in its youth but always manages to age into a true beauty. Here is Josh Raynolds' note from Vinous:
"Bright purple. Highly perfumed black and blue fruit liqueur aromas, along with hints of exotic spices, potpourri, olive and smoky minerals. Densely packed cassis, blueberry, spicecake and violet pastille flavors show outstanding clarity and deepen steadily as the wine stretches out. Finishes long and smoky, with powerful violet and mineral qualities and mounting tannins."
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.