Porusot, like Perrieres, means "stony place", which tells you all you need to know about the soils of this great terroir. Pointing a perfect southeast, it scoops up the fresh morning sun for perfect ripening of grapes. The 2017 is a fantastic vintage of this wine from Lafon, like the 2014, but with a little more generosity.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
"A restrained nose is reserved to the point of being almost mute though aggressive swirling eventually liberates notes of green fruit wood toast lemon and spiced pear. The gorgeously textured concentrated and muscular broad-shouldered flavors manage to be at once powerful yet caressing while delivering first-rate length on the bone-dry finish. This is actually a bit finer than it usually is while still packing plenty of punch. Patience advised."
"Bright pale yellow. Tight lively scents of soft citrus fruits nectarine and hazelnut plus a note of oak spice. Quite dry and classic on the palate with its stone fruit and spice flavors supported by a firm mineral spine. No easy sweetness here! I particularly liked this wine's dusty tactile finish which shows rising length and noteworthy mineral tension."
"The 2017 Meursault 1er Cru Porusots exhibits aromas of green orchard fruit dried white flowers and toasted nuts framed by a touch of toasty new oak. On the palate it's medium to full-bodied satiny and saline concluding with a pure finish."