Clos de la Baronne is a Meursault lieu dit that is worked half each by two of the top names in Meursault: Lafon and Roulot. The 2017 is generous and full, but still finely-etched mineral-driven Chardonnay. Only in production since 2012, this is fast becoming a favorite among Lafon's village Meursaults.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
"A ripe nose features notes of hazelnut apple and pear nuances. The very rich supple and round flavors are quite pliant before concluding in a citrusy and bone-dry finale that offers acceptable depth and persistence."
"Seven barrels of the 2017 Meursault Clos de la Baronne will be bottled exclusively for the US market with the result of the production blended into the Meursault Village cuvée. The wine is charming and demonstrative bursting with aromas of green orchard fruit honeycomb and white flowers. On the palate it's medium to full-bodied ample and succulent with a mouthwateringly saline finish. This will be hard to resist out of the gates."