- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
"Unfurling in the glass with a youthfully reserved nose of raspberries, wild plums, spices, white tea and rose petals, the 2019 Morgon Côte du Py Javernières is medium to full-bodied, deep and layered, with real concentration, lively acids and powdery structuring tannins. Still quite tightly wound after its recent bottling—a matter of weeks before I tasted it—this will, as ever, merit several years in the cellar. At maturity, I suspect the 2019 will be more dynamic than the 2018 rendition, and it will delight admirers of serious cru Beaujolais."
What Bowler Wine has to say about this wine...
100% Gamay. Desvignes has two hectares of vines averaging 35 years old in the historic Morgon lieu-dit of Javernières at the foot of the famous hill of the Côte du Py. The soils are much heavier and stickier with iron-rich red clay here versus the more schistous "rotten rock" up the Py hill. The exposure is also more easterly; the wines tend to be dense but soft and more red-toned and elegant versus the darker, more muscular, older-vine ones off of the Côte du Py. Viticulture and vinification are consistent across all Desvignes wines. The vines are certified-organic and harvested by hand. The clusters go through a semi-carbonic maceration in open-top concrete vats, with a maceration of 12-13 days with a submerged cap. A very small amount of sulfur is sometimes added after malo. The wine is aged in concrete tanks for about 9 months and bottled with a light, non-sterile filtration.