Morey St. Denis specialist Lignier-Michelot is branching out, and is now working with grapes sourced from Murgers in NSG -- a fine site in the northern sector of the village that borders Vosne Romanee. This is just starting to open up and is a good choice for checking out with a good decant.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
"A thoroughly sauvage-inflected nose offers up fresh and cool aromas of wild dark berries and warm earth. The rich, full-bodied and dense flavors possess a plenitude of dry extract that helps to buffer the firm but not hard supporting tannins on the balanced finish that flashes excellent persistence. This mildly rustic effort should drink reasonably well after 5-ish years or so."
AG 90 January 2019
"Healthy bright red. Very black on the nose and totally different from the Morey-Saint-Denis Les Chenevery that preceded it in my tasting, offering scents of cassis, black cherry and licorice. Then juicy and penetrating in the mouth, with its impression of lively acidity accentuated by a firm tannic spine. Blueberry and spice flavors carry through to a crunchy, somewhat brooding finish, with the tannins building with air but avoiding austerity. There was a good bit of fruit in '16 from the second set of buds and Lignier noted that he didn't use any overripe grapes. " -Stephen Tanzer