Pillot is one of those white wine specialists who happens to have quite a nice touch with the reds, producing very Pinot-focused wines that are quite scrumptious. Clos St. Jean is a Chassagne sight that can produce better reds than whites, often with a subtle spicy note. This is terrific.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Thierry Pillot is killing it! He is a super-talented vigneron, and since he has taken over his family's domain the quality has gone through the roof. He is one of those rare characters who is equally good at making red and white wines. They have 13 hectares of vines in the domaine, 1/3 red and 2/3 white. The whites are very concentrated because of the frost and the reds are supple and elegant, really classic. Like many young vignerons, Thierry has also set up a micro-negociant under his own name.
RP 90 - 92 February 2020
"The 2018 Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Clos Saint-Jean Rouge wafts from the glass with aromas of cherries, berries, dried flowers and sweet soil tones. Medium to full-bodied, rich but lively, its concentrated core of fruit is framed by powdery tannins. This cuvée hails from very old vines and was vinified with 50% whole clusters."" -William Kelley