Ravera is in the far southwest of the Barolo zone, and is responsible for the growing attention that its commune of Novello is receiving in the Langhe conversation. When Elvio Cogno bought his land here in 1991, his was, and still is, the only estate making top quality wine that was actually based in Novello "The 2015 Barolo Cascina Nuova is a very pretty entry-level offering from Elvio Cogno. Bright red berry and lifted floral notes pair nicely with the wine's gracious, mid-weight feel. Silky tannins match the wine's finely sculpted, saline-infused personality. The Cascina Nuova is a terrific example of the bright, taut Barolos made here in 2015. I would prefer to drink this gracious, lithe Barolo over the next decade or so." -- Antonio Galloni, 91 points
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
We have been excited about Cogno's wines for many years. With the most recent of vintages, Elvio Cogno has reached the pinnacle of greatness. The domaine can now join a small handful of producers in Barolo that we can truly call elite.This was inevitable. Cogno was founded by Elvio Cogno in 1990 after he left Marcarini, where he earned a reputation as one of the greatest wine-makers in Piedmont. Since then, he (together with his daughter Nadia and her husband, Valter Fissore) has been making very traditional-style Barolos in the village of Novello, and especially its top Cru, Ravera.