Ravera is now regarded as one of the greatest sites in Barolo, but it was Elvio Cogno who first decided to bottle it as a single vineyard back in the early 1990s. Since then, he replanted some of the oldest vines that no longer produce sufficient fruit to Rose, the close relative of Nebbiolo that now produces his Riserva wine, Vigna Elena. The old Nebbiolo vines that that have survived continue to make this single vineyard Ravera. The 2016 -- from vines that now go back 70 years -- may be the best example of it yet, with the airy purity of all the best 2016s but also a simmering refinement that portends an extremely long life ahead.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
We have been excited about Cogno's wines for many years. With the most recent of vintages, Elvio Cogno has reached the pinnacle of greatness. The domaine can now join a small handful of producers in Barolo that we can truly call elite.This was inevitable. Cogno was founded by Elvio Cogno in 1990 after he left Marcarini, where he earned a reputation as one of the greatest wine-makers in Piedmont. Since then, he (together with his daughter Nadia and her husband, Valter Fissore) has been making very traditional-style Barolos in the village of Novello, and especially its top Cru, Ravera.