- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
If you’ve always assumed that Ferrando Carema was the name of this estate, you’d be forgiven. To those of us who already love the wines, Luigi Ferrando and the tiny little mountain town of Carema are indeed one and the same. The DOC Carema is home to the most northern, high-altitude Nebbiolo in Piedmont. Since 1957, the Ferrando family has made wine here on steeply terraced vineyards, trained on pergola vines to obtain maximum exposure to the sun. It’d be a bit peculiar to include the contrasting terroirs of Carema and Barolo within the same regional boundaries, were it not for the poetic justice that all great expressions of this diva grape play on Team Piedmont. Yes, the euphoric aromas of tar and roses that make even the most stoic Barolo lover swirl and shiver are embedded in the DNA. But as if without permission, like a swift pull of a tablecloth from under an undisturbed setting of a dining room table, Ferrando’s Carema breathes in an alpine vitality that lifts the Nebbiolo off its heavy feet.
"The 2004 Carema Etichetta Nera flows onto the palate in a rich, sensual style. The medium to full-bodied Etichetta Nera reveals a sumptuous expression of dark, ripe fruit – within the context of Carema. Plums, prunes, baking spices, menthol and licorice are just some of the nuances that come together in this striking wine from Ferrando. The fruit continues to grow in the glass, showing exceptional polish all the way through to the finish. This is a highly recommended bottle. Anticipated maturity: 2009-2024."