We continue our exploration of the beautiful villages of Champagne through the lens of their Rosé wines. The bottles we've chosen are a far cry from run of the mill "pink fizz" and instead further demonstrate the breadth, power and dynamic styles available in the region.
In a country and a region ruled by strict restrictions through every step of production, farming, vinification and bottling the Champenoise actually get to break the rules a little. Rosé Champagne is one of the most painstakingly difficult types of wines and we are going to not only discuss how, but why they bother and what new heights can be achieved by those who master the style.
Topics covered will include: What are the different methods of Champagne production? Why is rosé harder to make than blanc Champagne? How do certain production choices affect the flavor, texture, color and age-ability of rosé Champagne? How is terroir expressed through these wines?
Of course, these aren't things just to talk about, so we'll also be tasting!
Each class will feature two bottles of Champagne from top Growers that showcase the essence of an important Champagne village. Producers are subject to change but will include A. Margaine, Pierre Paillard, Mouzon-Leroux and Flatiron-Favorite, Tarlant! After these sessions you'll be able to geek out with the best of them!
What You Get
- 4 Bottles of Grower Champagne
- 2 Champagne Bottle Closures
- 2 Interactive video sessions, 90 minutes each, hosted on Zoom
- Instructions and insight on preparation, serving and storage
- Friday, May 14th @ 8pm
- Friday, May 21st @ 8pm
Price is $319, to place an order click the button or email me your the number of class packs requested and I'll send you an invoice. More details are below and all orders will need to be confirmed.
How It Works
This is wine school via the internet! We send you bottles of Champagne with course materials, and then we open them all together over three classes. Clara Dalzell, GM of Flatiron Wines and Champagne buyer will be hosting this 2-part course. We will talk, taste and explore the production methods, terroir and small growers of this revered region. Then come away knowing another thing or two about the greatness that nature can offer.
All class-packs feature a shipment of four wines, plus two interactive Zoom video sessions (60-90 min each), each featuring two of the wines. There will be plenty of graphics, maps, and pretty pictures, all designed to take you behind the music, and make each bottle relevant.
To help ensure you receive your wine in time for the first session, we need your NY, NJ & CT class-pack orders by Monday, May 10th. Please note, we will do our best to expedite orders placed after specified cut-off dates or out of the Tri-State region but we cannot guarantee deliveries. For more information email Clara directly: email@example.com.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.