Fontodi's 2018 Chianti Classico is always one of the best wines of the vintage, and 2018 is no exception.
Fontodi makes wine for drinking today, tomorrow or two decades from now. We were lucky enough to taste the newly released 2018s recently, and they are great! 2018 is the perfect vintage to appreciate Fontodi's magic. These are complete wines with driving acidity, pretty fruit complemented by floral notes, a finish that is both long and stony.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
There are winds of change blowing in Chianti Classico: rather than masking the vibrancy and purity of Sangiovese with heavy French oak (or worse, with the addition of French varietals), many winemakers have chosen to wholly embrace this noble grape. Few estates can claim responsibility for this renaissance more than Fontodi, a bastion of organic farming and a champion of Sangiovese’s role as the grape of Chianti.