A selection of the best grapes from Fontodi's highest altitude parcels in Panzano's Conca d'Oro. Macerated cherry and blackberry compote are nuanced by dried thyme and grilled fennel. New wood adds hints of vanilla and spice box. The palate is robust and firm, though the tannins are refined and tangy acidity brightens the whole. An excellent showing from this challenging year. - Michaela Morris, Decanter
Fontodi is one of Chianti Classico's great names, and Giovanni Manetti one of its living legends. Flaccianello and Vigna del Sorbo have become two of Italy's very greatest wines under his stewardship. Even Fontodi's "basic" Chianti Classico is a marvel of terroir and sheer Sangiovese pleasure. It's a wine from great parcels in a single village (Panzano) in one of Italy's great regions; if this were Burgundy, it would be an allocated superstar just a notch below the Grand Crus. Because it's Tuscany, we can offer the wine to everyone today with great discounts and no limits on how much you can buy.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
There are winds of change blowing in Chianti Classico: rather than masking the vibrancy and purity of Sangiovese with heavy French oak (or worse, with the addition of French varietals), many winemakers have chosen to wholly embrace this noble grape. Few estates can claim responsibility for this renaissance more than Fontodi, a bastion of organic farming and a champion of Sangiovese’s role as the grape of Chianti.