As you know it is nearly impossible to find Champagne at this price, much less in magnum but rarely at this quality level. The house of Henriot has reached a new caliber with a focus on terroir under the guidance of award winning with Chef de Cave, Laurent Fresnet.
Cuve 38, a perpetual reserve started in 1990, makes up 30% of the Souverain blend, giving it depth and complexity far beyond its asking price. Grapes are harvested from mostly Grand and Premier Cru vineyards, with 50% Chardonnay, 45% Pinot Noir and 5% Pinot Meunier. And although its only a non-vintage cuvée they age it a full three years on the lees for allowing for seamless integration of flavors and structure.
"Light gold. Lees-accented orchard and citrus fruit aromas are complicated by sweet butter, iodine and smoky minerals. Dry and expansive on the palate, offering lively pear and melon flavors and a refreshingly bitter touch of orange pith. Ample but lithe brut, with very good finishing punch and repeating smoke and pear qualities." - Josh Raynolds, Vinous
This is a pre-order. Bottles will be available for pick up or delivery AFTER the 2nd week of November.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Established in 1808, the family-run house of Champagne Henriot has seen a resurgence in quality in the last decade. This is in part due to their award winning Chef de Cave, Laurent Fresnet, who has moved the house focus towards their incredible terroir.Most of their vineyards are Grand and Premier Cru, with some of the best chalk-laden sites for Chardonnay in the Côte des Bar and Pinot Noir in Montagne de Reims.