As you know it is nearly impossible to find Champagne at this price, much less in magnum but rarely at this quality level. The house of Henriot has reached a new caliber with a focus on terroir under the guidance of award winning with Chef de Cave, Laurent Fresnet.
Cuve 38, a perpetual reserve started in 1990, makes up 30% of the Souverain blend, giving it depth and complexity far beyond its asking price. Grapes are harvested from mostly Grand and Premier Cru vineyards, with 50% Chardonnay, 45% Pinot Noir and 5% Pinot Meunier. And although its only a non-vintage cuvée they age it a full three years on the lees for allowing for seamless integration of flavors and structure.
"Light gold. Lees-accented orchard and citrus fruit aromas are complicated by sweet butter, iodine and smoky minerals. Dry and expansive on the palate, offering lively pear and melon flavors and a refreshingly bitter touch of orange pith. Ample but lithe brut, with very good finishing punch and repeating smoke and pear qualities." - Josh Raynolds, Vinous
This is a pre-order. Bottles will be available for pick up or delivery AFTER the 2nd week of November.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.