This Valentine's day add a little something special to your favorite bottle of Champagne with their limited-edition, annual celebration of a single ingredient cook book.
Krug Grand Cuvée is made up of 400 single plots made into individual wines then blended to create one of the most complex, balanced and beautiful Champagnes in the world.
To accompany this ideal of individuality they select one unexpected ingredient, and invite chefs to create recipes to pair with Krug Grande Cuvée and Krug Rosé. 2021 marks the 7th year of the program, celebrating the Onion.
The unspoken onion is a key component of almost every fundamental recipe, from
stocks, sauces and stews, to baked goods and roasts. Its multifaceted expressions
beautifully marry both the fullness of flavors and aromas of Krug Grande Cuvée
and the elegance and boldness of Krug Rose.
(Looking for a bottle of Krug today without the book, no-problem, click to order Grande Cuvée here.)
"Krug's NV Grande Cuvée 168ème Édition is a classic in the making, wafting from the glass with aromas of dried fruits, pear, toasted nuts, orange zest, honeycomb and freshly baked bread. Medium to full-bodied, generous but incisive, it's deep and elegantly fleshy, with a beautifully refined mousse and an enveloping core of fruit that's complemented by the characteristic Krug patina of nutty complexity imparted by barrel fermentation. Even if this is more open out of the gates than the 2011-based 167ème edition, the 168ème edition is also the more concentrated and intense of the two. It's based on the 2012 harvest, complemented by fully 42% reserve wines—a blend of 198 wines from 11 different vintages dating back to 1996. 96pts" -- William Kelly, The Wine Advocate
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.