Le Ragnaie's old vine Brunello bottling, the "Le Ragnaie VV," is killer in 2016.
"The 2016 Brunello di Montalcino V.V. is more of a whisper than a shout, impressing with a wonderfully floral display, as crushed stone and smoke gives way to bright cherries and strawberries, then dried roses and incense. It’s silky yet lifted but also youthfully compact, ushering in tart red fruits wound tightly in a mix of minerals and fine tannin. There’s a purity here that is otherworldly, even as this finishes classically dry and austere. The V.V. is sourced from the original vineyard and vines of Le Ragnaie at 600 meters. It will need many years to fully blossom and broaden out its textures, but it is worth waiting for." (Eric Guido, VInous)
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Le Ragnaie is the greatest thing to emerge in Montalcino so far this century. It may be the greatest thing to emerge in Montalcino since the rise of Soldera, with whom they have much in common: an uncompromising adherence to tradition (aging exclusively in large neutral Slavonian oak barrels, ultra-long macerations), natural farming, minimal intervention in the cellar, and excellent terroir. But there is one way in which Le Ragnaie stands apart from Soldera that makes their wines even more extreme: high altitudes. Le Ragnaie farms the highest altitude vines in Brunello di Montalcino! Some vineyards are so high up that they are above Brunello di Montalcino's legal limit of 600 meters.