Le Ragnaie farms the highest altitude vines in all of Montalcino.
This Rosso di Montalcino is from a single vineyard site that is treated exactly the same as a Brunello, and could be legally classified as such were it released one year later. At turns floral (crushed violets, roses), savory and herbaceous, it's lifted, supple and fresh, with notes of red cherry and baking spice.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Le Ragnaie is the greatest thing to emerge in Montalcino so far this century. It may be the greatest thing to emerge in Montalcino since the rise of Soldera, with whom they have much in common: an uncompromising adherence to tradition (aging exclusively in large neutral Slavonian oak barrels, ultra-long macerations), natural farming, minimal intervention in the cellar, and excellent terroir. But there is one way in which Le Ragnaie stands apart from Soldera that makes their wines even more extreme: high altitudes. Le Ragnaie farms the highest altitude vines in Brunello di Montalcino! Some vineyards are so high up that they are above Brunello di Montalcino's legal limit of 600 meters.