Clairin is a subcategory of Rum made in micro-distilleries all around Haiti, using native varieties of sugarcane, without herbicides or pesticides, and harvested by hand. Think: Mezcal of the Rum world.
This one is unique from other Clairins because it is made from sugar cane syrup instead of fresh sugarcane juice similar to Agricole Rhum. In addition, this Clairin is fermented using native yeasts and the residual dunder (spent lees) of the previous fermentation. It is then distilled in a discounted pot still that creates a more rustic spirit.
It is super grassy, a bit funky, tropical, savory, saline, and smokey. This may be the rum for people who don’t like rum because it is just that different.
You can sip it or mix it into a cocktail, my favorite is a touch of maple syrup and muddled strawberry over ice.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.