- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Virgile Lignier is one of those rare Burgundy vignerons whose wines somehow miraculously get better with each successive vintage. We have been tasting his wines critically since 1999 -- they were great then and they are even better now. How does he it? Through constant improvement in the vineyards and at the winery, year after year. By growing better grapes, by selecting only the best, by staying out of the way in the cellar, by becoming better at everything he does. The wines have a remarkable purity and depth of flavor yet are delicate and light on their feet - "airien" is a good word.
"Here too the expressive and more elegant nose is markedly ripe but it's also much fresher with its perfumed combination of very spicy red and dark currant aromas. The exceptionally rich, even opulent, larger-scaled and seductive flavors brim with dry extract that also serves to buffer the firm but not really austere finale. This is a classic and seriously good."
"The 2018 Clos Saint-Denis Grand Cru contains 100% whole bunch and no new barrels this year. It has a very intense bouquet of strong undergrowth and bay leaf/rose petal aromas, very well defined and showing more complexity than the Clos de la Roche. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins, layers of black-tea-infused black fruit and a slightly grainy-textured finish that is extremely well balanced. This is a class act."