- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Virgile Lignier is one of those rare Burgundy vignerons whose wines somehow miraculously get better with each successive vintage. We have been tasting his wines critically since 1999 -- they were great then and they are even better now. How does he it? Through constant improvement in the vineyards and at the winery, year after year. By growing better grapes, by selecting only the best, by staying out of the way in the cellar, by becoming better at everything he does. The wines have a remarkable purity and depth of flavor yet are delicate and light on their feet - "airien" is a good word.
"(40% whole cluster). As it usually is, the nose is more reserved and more typical of a classic Morey with a brooding aromatic profile of liqueur-like red and black fruit, underbrush, game and earth that are also trimmed in just enough wood to merit remarking upon. There is excellent richness to the powerfully bodied and tautly muscled flavors that culminate in a focused and firm but not really austere finish that delivers impressive length. Here too at least some patience will be beneficial because while the mid-palate is generous, the finish is serious." -Allen Meadow
"The 2015 Morey St Denis 1er Cru les Cheneverys includes 30% whole bunch and 30% new oak this year. The bouquet is very refined with a tinge of wet clay infusing the mulberry and cranberry fruit, gently unfolding in the glass whilst maintaining fine delineation. The palate is very well balanced with a spicy, white pepper-infused opening. The exerts good grip in the mouth, very chalky in texture with impressive depth and focus on the finish. This is excellent." -Neal Martin