- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Virgile Lignier is one of those rare Burgundy vignerons whose wines somehow miraculously get better with each successive vintage. We have been tasting his wines critically since 1999 -- they were great then and they are even better now. How does he it? Through constant improvement in the vineyards and at the winery, year after year. By growing better grapes, by selecting only the best, by staying out of the way in the cellar, by becoming better at everything he does. The wines have a remarkable purity and depth of flavor yet are delicate and light on their feet - "airien" is a good word.
"Once again there is a plethora of floral elements adding a touch of elegance to the baked dark berry fruit and earth-scented nose, all of which is trimmed in soft wood nuances. The full-bodied, powerful and mouthcoating flavors deliver first-rate persistence on the impressively long finish that is also shaped by relatively fine-grained tannins. Good stuff though patience is once again suggested."
"The 2018 Morey-Saint-Denis Les Chenevery 1er Cru performed extremely well in barrel last year. The bouquet has opened nicely with blackberry, briary and light estuarine scents. The palate feels elegant, long and refined, maybe more so than I envisaged, with a harmonious and silky, almost Chambolle-like finish. Superb. Drinking window: 2024 - 2040."