- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
The Loewen estate has been around since 1803 and boasts some extremely important grand crus sites with some very, very old vines. Of all the underrated estates in the Mosel, it is perplexing that Loewen has stayed under the radar for so long. The wines are pure magic – viscerally expressing the terroir of truly great crus, nurtured by attentive, sustainable vineyard care beyond most growers in the Mosel.
What Skurnik Wines has to say about this wine...
The name Ritsch derives from the brittle grey slate soil. Due to the fragility of the soil it is not possible to build roads in this site. Up until shortly after WWII the Ritsch was one of the most esteemed sites along the Mittelmosel. By the end of the 19th century it even belonged to best-rated sites along the whole Mosel.