Alan Manley is a native New Yorker who is living out every Piedmont nerd's fantasy making wine with Maria Teresa at Cantina Bartolo Mascarello. He also makes wine under his own label (from vines he owns or leases), and this is just his second commercial release. He told us that he does everything exactly the same as at Mascarello, except, of course, that the vineyard sources are different (BM's wines are made exclusively from the Commune of Barolo and La Morra; Alan's from the other three major Barolo villages of Serralunga, Castiglione and Monforte), and there are all the little adjustments you have to make to reflect the conditions on hand -- adjustments that the Mascarellos have had multiple generations to perfect and Alan is just getting started.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
"The Margherita Otto 2016 Barolo (with 3,600 bottles produced) is a firm and tightly knit expression with a solid center of gravity. The wine offers a dark and robust textural fabric with a pretty interlay of dark fruit, dried cherry, plum, licorice, crushed rock and balsam herb. You get the full package of Nebbiolo aromas, presented with elegance grace and careful balance. Thanks to that slightly darker character, I'd pair this pretty Barolo with an autumnal dish served locally that involves white truffles from Alba"