If you thought you knew Grüner Veltliner, think again. A snapshot of the Spitz, the coldest region down a side valley off of the Wachau River. This wine is all soif, with a silky texture and so much underlying flavor, you have to sit with it for a moment, let the experience permeate your per-conceived idea of what Grüner Veltliner from the Wachau tastes like. Green apple dips below mentholated, pristine, alpine tinged aromatics, all encompassed by a huge amount of taught structure and long lime-y finish, over delivers for the price.
Martin was a trained mechanic, not a winemaker, but his open heart and untrained-intuition allowed him a fresh perspective of this staunchly traditional region. He started farming his grandparents three hectares of terraced vines in 2006 above the cold Spitzer Graben valley, to the west of the Danube. Adding to the backbreaking labor of farming the Wachau's steepest and highest vineyards, he converted them to organic farming, an utter rarity here. His wont are low alcohol, high acid wines, never lacking complexity, but convey a delicacy often missing from the powerhouse style prevalent among his peers.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Crisp , Floral , Minerally