What You Get
- 6 Bottles of Champagne (most Champagnes $40-$80)
2 Champagne Bottle Closures
- 3 Interactive video sessions, ~60 minutes each, hosted on Zoom
The Villages of Champagne
Geeking out about the different villages of Burgundy was so 1990s. Now everybody wants to talk about the different Champagne villages! Yes, Grower Champagne producers have been showcasing single village and even single vineyard wines for (at least) a couple of decades now, and we can finally have a really serious conversation about what, say, distinguishes the bubbly wines of Oger from those of Mareuil-sur-Aÿ.
Topics covered will include: What are the major regions of Champagne and what's special about each of them? What are the most important villages? What does each of the villages taste like?
Of course, these aren't things just to talk about, so we'll also be tasting!
Each class will feature two bottles of Champagne from top Growers that showcase the essence of an important Champagne village. After these sessions you'll be able to geek out with the best of them!
- Friday, March 12th @ 8pm
- Friday, March 19th @ 8pm
- Friday, March 26th @ 8pm
This is wine school via the internet! We send you bottles of Champagne with course materials, and then we open them all together over three classes. Clara Dalzell, GM of Flatiron Wines and self proclaimed "Champagne Obsessive" will be hosting this 3-part course. We will talk, taste and explore the terroir and small growers of this revered region. Then come away knowing another thing or two about the greatness that nature can offer.
All class-packs feature a shipment of six wines, plus three interactive Zoom video sessions (60 min each), each featuring two of the wines. There will be plenty of graphics, maps, and pretty pictures, all designed to take you behind the music, and make each bottle relevant.
To help ensure you receive your wine in time for the first session, we need your NY, NJ & CT class-pack orders 3 days before the scheduled class. Please note, we will do our best to expedite orders placed after specified cut-off dates or out of the Tri-State region but we cannot guarantee deliveries. For more information email Clara directly: email@example.com.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.