Sir Peter Michael was one of the early Californian pioneers inspired to make wine modeled on the great wines of France, so he founded a winery in a rocky, high-altitude, volcanic corner of the Napa Valley known as Knights Valley. To this day his is the only winery to be found there. He surrounded himself with a series of top wine-makers (Turley, Aubert, etc.) and a legend was born.
Les Pavots is French for poppies, a reference to the wild flowers that grow by the vines. It is a traditional left-bank Bordeaux blend, dominated by Cabernet Sauvignon.
Here is Antonio Galloni of Vinous: "The 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Les Pavots is a dense, powerful wine endowed with tons of raciness and class."
- Free in NY, NJ, CT and DC on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.