Planted in 1990, this was Dr. Bodenstein's first exploration into the biotypes of Riesling vines. He collected 25 different cuttings from around the world and planted them at 1,500 feet, atop the Ried Hinter Seiber vineyard. A 2007 shared among a fellow Austrian wine lover last year was my wine of the year.
Wow, intense fire-hose-power, mineral water, white floral orange blossom, peach rings, the finish goes on several minutes, a touch of tertiary already coming through, slight mushroom, toast, toffee, kernel, sweet almond, pear, white pineapple, licorice, stony, but lots of acid to go the distance.
- Free in NY, NJ, CT and DC on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.