Featured in Eric Asimov's November 2020 Wine School, this gem has been one of our go-to sparklers for years. Recaredo doesn't use the name "Cava" on the label, but it is one -- and one of the best: bright appley fruit, mineral and floral notes, a touch of richness and depth.
It's a classic tasting wine of terroir. What would you expect from a Neal Rosenthal selected Cava?
Here's what the folks at Rosenthal Wine Merchants (the importer) have to say about the wine:
Recaredo’s flagship wine is an evocative, delicious, and riveting encapsulation of the house style. With its four years of lees aging, and its hand-riddling and manual disgorging, “Terrers” is a “basic” cuvée that sees more back-of-house time and labor than the overwhelming majority of Champagnes of any echelon. Built on the back of the minerality-enhancing Xarel-lo (56%), with smaller amounts of Macabeu (42%) and Parellada (2%), the 2014 vintage of “Terrers” offers even more penetrating minerality than usual, with snappy orchard fruits, citrus blossom, and a nougat-like character all given definition by sizzling acidity. Its extended lees contact is felt more in the wine’s palate-commanding breadth than in any blatantly yeasty character, and it possesses a precision—an almost arch air of elegance—that shames its peers, while all the while remaining irresistibly delicious. Disgorged June 9th, 2019.
Available for pick up or delivery Tuesday, November 17.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Everybody loves sparkling wines, most of all Champagne. For years, people only stepped out of the Champagne box to avoid spending Champagne prices. But Recaredo offers an even better excuse: deliciousness and distinctiveness.Catalonia has made many great contributions to world culture (Gaudí, Dalí), but has any added as much to human happiness as Cava? If you've been to Barcelona's Cava bars, you have experienced this first hand. Everybody is smiling, everyone is joyful. While Prosecco may be perfect for a spritz on a piazza, Cava is a go-to for just having fun.But Recaredo, and a handful of other producers, think that Cava can be much more than just fun. They love fun as much as anyone (and the wines are fun!), but they also want to make a world-class bubbly that doesn't have to hide its face in shame whenever a bottle of Champagne enters the room. So they do everything right. They grow mostly just indigenous varieties; they aren't trying to imitate Champagne, but to rival it. They work organically and without dosage. They label all their wines with vintages. They riddle the bottles and disgorge them by hand. They release the bottles many years after the vintage.Just how high is the quality, really? Consider the story of Neal Rosenthal, importer of exceptionally fine and classical wines, almost all of which come from France or Italy. One of the few exceptions—and the only wine he imports from Spain—is Recaredo. He told us once that he imports it not to make money but because he loves to drink the wine and his fridge at home is filled with bottles!
Macabeo , Parellada , Xarel-lo