Tasting and in-depth look at the Champagnes and innovations of Ruinart. Taught by wine maker Louise Bryden. Class packs include zoom link to join us on Friday, April 30th at 12pm plus 1 bottle each of Ruinart, Champagne Blanc de Blancs, NV and Ruinart, Champagne Brut Rose, NV.
Louise has joined Frédéric Panaïotis’s team at the Champagne House Ruinart in 2019. Passionate about nature on land and underwater, she always wanted to find ways to understand better our environment and protect it using innovative technics. She graduated a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and Bioprocesses in 2013. Her first contact with winemaking was at Hennessy in Cognac working on a research project. She felt in love with the wine world, with the winemakers and their sparkles in their eyes speaking about their blends, their role between innovation and tradition, how they sublime what nature gives them in their bottle to share worldwide. She graduated as Winemaker from University of Reims-Champagne Ardenne and worked in several wines regions in France, Chile and California get experiences and also embrace different visions of the wine. To keep learning and adapting new technologies to improve the winemaking process, she worked at Moët & Chandon as a research and development project manager for a year. In 2018, she was Assistant Winemaker at Domaine Chandon California supervising the sparkling winemaking process in a daily basis. Louise finally came back in Champagne in March 2019 to join Maison Ruinart taking part to the tasting committee, leading several research projects on the winemaking process and travelling to share Ruinart’s wines and vision across the globe.
How Our Wine Schools Work
This is wine school via the internet! We send you bottles of Champagne along with a zoom link a few days before class and then we open them all together. There will be plenty of graphics, maps, and pretty pictures, all designed to take you behind the music, and make each bottle relevant.
To help ensure you receive your wine in time for the first session, we need your NY, NJ & CT class-pack orders by Monday, April 26th. Please note, we will do our best to expedite orders placed after specified cut-off dates or outside of the Tri-State region but we cannot guarantee deliveries. For more information email Clara directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Known as the oldest established champagne house, Ruinart has been producing wine since 1729 to please royalty in the Court of Versailles. And to this day, the wines are stunning, texturally decadent, yet focused and complex.With Chef de Caves Frederic Panaiotis at the helm since 2007, one could say that the champagnes are better than ever. Fred's sharp acumen, passion for wine, and inimitable demeanor make him one of the most significant figures in Champagne today. While he modestly considers himself a guardian of the house style for other generations to follow, we think the wines are distinctively showing more precision and clarity since his tenure.