This is one more, very special treat, from the Setzer family I just had to add to this email. It was offered to us from the importing team over at Skurnik Wines & Spirits, albeit only a handful of bottles. If you've never had aged Grüner Veltliner then you've been missing out on the amazing heights of complexity and structure to which it can soar. Once these are gone, they are gone.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
From the northern corner of Austria in the Weinvertel comes the small family estate of Setzer. This area was once an ancient seabed which is now laden with limestone, sand, and gravel, unique in the region. The limestone gives a new take on Grüner Veltliner with more mid palate lift and a salty finish, nearly Chablisiean. The family has moved towards organic methods, is increasing their high density selection massale plantings and use a deft hand in the cellar.
Earthy , Elegant , Minerally