In Aix-en-Provence you will find a warm and inviting couple, Karina and Guillaume Lefèvre. They grow or raise all the food they eat on their own land. Their farming is all organic and biodynamic, and they grow all our favorite Provençal grapes, including Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault and Mourvèdre. They hand-harvest every grape from their 29 hectares and add just a bit of S02 during vinification. Their Charbonnières is a blend of 70% Grenache and 30% Syrah, from young vines, and it is a pure joy to drink. Silky, supple and slightly herbaceous, there's something about this wine that reminds us of Pfifferling's rare cuvées.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
What Polaner Selections has to say about this wine...
VARIETALSRed BlendVARIETAL NOTES70% Grenache, 30% SyrahORGANICCertifiedBIODYNAMICCertifiedNATURALPracticingVINEYARDFrom young vines of Grenache and Syrah sourced from a single vineyard.SOILMix of clay and sandstone over a limestone bedrock.VITICULTUREVineyards are farmed biodynamically and are Demeter certified. Grapes are hand harvested.VINIFICATIONThe most beautiful grapes from the first pass (whole cluster) are placed in concrete tank. The second pass is direct press and poured over the whole clusters. It’s a sort of carbonic maceration (often called infusion). 15 day cool maceration, wild yeast fermentation and very low doses of SO2 (volcanic sulfur) are added only before bottling.AGINGGrenache is aged in concrete egg and Syrah is aged in demi-muids. The wine is bottled in March without filtration.PRODUCTIONLimited.