- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Cathiard is a tiny domain - there never is very much wine. You enter a spick and span white stucco suburban home in the center of the small village of Vosne Romanee. There is a walled vineyard outside the front door. Go down the staircase and you are in a minuscule cuverie and barrel room. Not a lot of barrels here either. No wonder the wine is sold in 6 bottle cases. Sebastien Cathiard has been slowly assuming control of this top estate in Vosne-Romanée from his father Sylvain. He is now fully in charge, but the wines have been so good for so long that he wisely has changed very little. They continue to farm meticulously, de-stem and rigorously sort all the fruit prior to fermentation. The only thing he has changed is the gradual reduction of new oak, seeking a bit more purity of terroir expression.
"The restrained application of wood this displayed when I last reviewed it in 2013 (see herein) remains unobtrusive if not invisible and does not impede the expressiveness of the still ultra-fresh and gorgeously spiced black cherry and cassis infused nose. There is fine richness and power to the surprisingly supple middle weight flavors that possess excellent mid-palate density before culminating in a focused, exquisitely balanced and highly persistenct finish. This is already really quite harmonious and while it still has plenty of upside development potential remains, the outstanding balance and relatively fine-grained tannins could easily allow this beauty to be enjoyed now if desired. Tasted several times recently with consistent notes." -Allen Meadow
"For me, the Malconsorts has the finest delineation on the nose, almost pixelated red fruit with hints of white peach and crushed stone. The palate is very well defined with tensile tannins, great tension with clarity with amazing precision on the finish. Stunning...but what else did you expect" -Neal Martin
"Savoury and rich at the same time. Very majestic and easy to like, not reserved admittedly – quite a sweet style – the antithesis of de Vogüé for example. Lovely stuff – very easy to like."