Justin Willet is quickly becoming a Chardonnay master. Born in Santa Barbara, he knows the region, its vineyards and its grapes better than just about anyone. He seeks out some of its oldest vines, including the 45 year old W Block in the Bien Nacido Vineyard, to making glittering examples of powerful, bright, and structured Chardonnay year after year. The Santa Barbara County is steely Chablisien steal.
"The 2017 Chardonnay Bien Nacido Vineyard - W Block is a terrific example of the vintage and site. Deeply perfumed and nuanced, the 2017 is utterly beguiling from the very first taste. Sweet floral notes, mint, green apple and lemon confit open up effortlessly, but more than anything, the W Block is distinguished by its textured, resonant feel." - Antonio Galloni, Vinous
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Back in 2005 winemaker Justin Willet tucked away 8 barrels in the back of the winery that he was working. Born in Santa Barbara, Justin has the maritime terroir of Santa Rita Hill and Santa Maria Valley in his veins. It was just a matter of time before he would emerge as a champion of the region and the extraordinary Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays it could produce. Today he is known as one of the driving forces behind the rising fame of Santa Barbara and has influenced the wine world beyond.