"... is bright, crisp and airy. Subtle floral-infused aromatics and bright red-toned fruit give the Rubis its understated, gracious personality. White pepper, chalk and floral notes add attractive top notes. This release is a blend of 2016 and 2015, and it is terrific. Disgorged: November, 2017. 92pts -- Antonio Galloni, Vinous
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
Vilmart et Cie
Vilmart has become one of those rare grower-producers that hardly needs an introduction, thanks to the praise and attention it receives from wine lovers and the media (like our friend, Peter Liem). Vilmart is on the Burgundian end of the Champagne spectrum. Older examples of his top wines come to taste a lot like a mature Chevalier-Montrachet. Aside from their rosé, the wines are dominated by Chardonnay—and not the pencil-lead Chardonnay of the Côte des Blancs, but the more generous Chard that you get on the Montagne de Reims where the black grapes tend to be more dominant. Vilmart gives the wines Burgundian treatment, with fermentation and aging in barrels. But unlike a true Chevalier-Montrachet, Vilmart blocks the malos, retaining great mineral tension. More important than these "technical" details, Vilmart is obsessed with good vineyard work, has plenty of low-yielding older vines, and happens to make really delicious wines. Taste and you will learn. And if you have already learned, you will almost certainly want to taste some more!
"A fruity yet solidly complex nose of strawberries, cherries and red plum hints are delivered via an overt yeasty character. The moderately fine bead adds a good deal of life to the equally fruity yet again attractively well-layered flavors that culminate in a just off dry finish. To be clear, this is by no means sweet yet as rosé Champagne goes, this is not especially dry. Lovely."
"The NV Brut Premier Cru Cuvee Rubis flows from the glass with sensual layers of perfumed fruit, showing stunning detail, clarity and purity. This vivid, multi-dimensional Champagne is full of nuance, not to mention class. It is simply wonderful and is not to be missed. The Brut Premier Cru Cuvee Rubis is 90% Pinot Noir (including 15% still Pinot) and 10% Chardonnay (equal parts 2006 and 2005 vintages), aged in medium-sized barrels. Disgorged: December, 2008." -Robert Parker
"Lovely aromas of lilac and star anise waft from the glass of this graceful rosé Champagne, but there's a pleasing tautness imparted by the backbone of fresh acidity, well-meshed with flavors of ripe and fleshy white cherry and apricot fruit, pink grapefruit sorbet and pickled ginger. Fine, satiny finish. Disgorged June 2019. Drink now through 2025."