A wine of pure pleasure, with bright tropical, almost Sauvignon Blanc-like notes. More immediately satisfying upon opening than the Kirkenstuck but doesn't change as drastically. An amazing way to taste the soil differences in these side by side vineyards, basalt and sandstone in both but lime detritus and clay are also found in Kirkenstuck.
"Due to a smaller-than-usual crop from his already small share of this famed site, Spindler raised this 2016 in a combination of 500-liter cask and tank. ...the sheer intensity of pungent green herbal aromas and flavors is not in doubt, and the sustained finish benefits from brightly juicy fresh lime as well as an invigoratingly tactile sense of stony impingement." -- David Schildknecht, Vinous
- Free in NY, NJ, CT and DC on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.