- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT, NJ & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
If you don't know the wines of Willi Schaefer, you've been missing out. Considered the one of the best if not the best sweet wine producer in the world. Christoph and Andrea Schaefer farm a miniscule 4.4 hectares in the village of Graach with a sliver of vines in neighboring Wehlener Sonnenuhr. Their wines display a menagerie of fruit which is set as a backdrop to the cristaline minerallity oozing out of every bottle.
"As usual, the Schaefers have bottled as their A.P. #5 a Spätlese richer and more conspicuously ripe than its A.P. #10 counterpart. And in this instance, it also delivers an earthiness along with its wet stone aspect that is highly site-typical. Baked apple, marzipan, lily-of-the-valley and a hint of caramel on the nose strikingly signal the advanced ripeness vis-à-vis A.P. #10. The palate impression is slick and honeyed, adding hints of white raisin to an already rich mix. The finish is not as mouthwatering, refreshing or transparent as that of several other Schaefer 2018s, but the aforementioned mineral elements are present as a sort of suffusion, and although sweetness is prominent, it is appropriate to the wine’s ripeness of fruit and confectionary cast. Drinking window: 2020 - 2040"
"An enticing floral note starts off this spätlese, followed by flavors of nectarine, lime jelly and creamed pear. Silky and seductive, with vibrant acidity giving this energy and length. Hints of baking spice mark the mouthwatering finish. Drink now through 2033."