What You Get
- 6 Bottles of wine, 2 whites and 4 reds.
- 1 Can of 'Private Preserve' Argon Spray (to keep the opened wines fresh for up to 5 days)
- 3 Interactive video sessions, ~60 minutes each, hosted on Zoom
- All sessions are recorded, allowing you to view them again later, or to watch any sessions you might miss.
- Detailed notes with cheese pairing suggestions, recommendations on when to open the wines, and much more.
Upcoming Class Dates
- Wednesday, February 24th @ 7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 3rd @ 7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 10th @ 7:30pm
Wine 101 Class Syllabus
Aside from the mundane name, our Wine 101 is one of the best classes we offer, and one of my favorite to teach. Yes, we talk fundamentals, but more than just a rote review of grapes and regions, our goal is to make wine your friend. In this class, you'll become familiar with what you like, but also why you like it. n turn, you'll know what questions to ask, what to look for on labels, and thus be able to find wines that fit your palate on a regular basis.
During our three sessions, we help you identify differences in body, we discuss tannins, we break down sweet vs. dry, and help you achieve a broad understanding of why wines have different characteristics from one another. And while I will discuss the science behind these principles, my primary teaching tool is the wines themselves. We will compare and contrast two wines in each of our three Zoom sessions. We'll break them down, pick them apart, and based on your personal preferences, help you identify which wines in a store or restaurant are best suited to your palate.
As we do this, we will explore numerous regions of the world, as well as discuss how grapes are grown and how wine is made (perhaps the most exciting part of the class, honestly). We believe that wine should be enjoyed by all on a regular basis. We help get you there.
How it Works
Andrew Harwood, winemaker, instructor and new father will lead this group of curious imbibers. He is the owner of NYC Wine Co. who have have been partnering with since before the pandemic, to bring you the best wine education we could find.
Once you place your order we will send you your 6 pack of wines. Andrew will reach A few weeks before the first class, we will email you the Zoom links, as well as all of the other information you might need in preparation.
If you have questions about your wine shipment you can reach out to email@example.com. If you have questions about the class itself, reach out to Andrew directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Upside of Zoom
As long as Covid remains in wide circulation, our classes will be held online, via Zoom. And while we miss meeting people in real life, there are many upsides to virtual classes. These include, but are not limited to:
- Rather than meeting once, we’ll meet three times. This allows more time to absorb information, let it sink in, think of questions, then ask those questions. You’ll be a pro in no time!
- Teaching wine requires the use of words, but pictures are equally important. With Zoom, you can expect graphs, maps, and lots of pretty pictures.
- We welcome questions and input during class, but if you’re shy, or have questions you’re afraid to ask, simply type into the chat bar and we’ll get you some answers.
- You can see us, and we’d like to see you, but if you’d rather be incognito, or do your best learning in your pajamas, you can always turn your camera off.
- When I teach in person, I often poll students for their preferences and opinions, and will ask for a show of hands. But sometimes, people are tepid to respond, or they vote after watching how other people vote. It’s human nature, of course, but with polling on Zoom, no reason to hold back. If you love the wine, flash the heart emojis. Or, if it was worst wine you’ve ever had, we want to know!
- You’ll have tons of leftover wine to drink. In class, you’ll taste a couple ounces of each wine, but each bottle has 25.4 ounces. That leaves a lot of ounces for after hours consumption.
- In order for wine to arrive in time for your prospective class, please note:
- New York , New Jersey & Connecticut deliveries must be placed AT LEAST 3 days before your 1st class date.
- All other states please inquire, you can email email@example.com
- We can offer expedited shipping, ask for a quote.
- Manhattan, Brooklyn & Queens: Free on $149+ orders, otherwise $12.99 per case.
- Rest of New York State: $12.99 per case.
- CT & DC: $12.99 per case on $149+ orders, otherwise $29.99 per case.
- Rest of US: $29.99 per case.
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.