This is an Orange Wine full of sun and salt, texture and history. It's a natural wine and very much a wine of both terroir and tradition.
The terroir starts with Istria's "flysch soils," alternating layers of clay and limestone, which give the grapes complexity. It includes beautiful sun which helps the grapes ripen and Adriatic sea breezes that not only give a saline note to the wine but, equally important, protect the vines from disease making organic farming as easy as it could ever be.
The juice ferments (spontaneously thanks to ambient yeast) on the (destemmed) grapes for 30 days in large Slovenian casks. It is bottled with a little sulfur but unfined and unfiltered.
- Free in NY, NJ, CT and DC on $149+ orders. Otherwise $2.99/bottle, minimum $10 (higher rates apply to AK and HI).
- We presently do not ship to: AL (except to state stores), AR, IL, IA, KY, MI, MS, MT, LA, NV, NH, ND, PA, TN, TX, UT, and VA.
- We do not ship spirits outside of NY
- We ship in foam and hold during extreme weather.
- Learn more about Shipping.
- 10% off any mixed case
- Doesn't apply to spirits or items marked NET
- Return corked bottles if they are less than 10 years old
- Return any bottle that have been improperly stored
- Returns must be made within 60 days of purchase
- Read the full details of our Return Policy.
- Wine is stored in our refrigerated store cellar.
- Some fine and rare wine is displayed in our physical store in Eurocaves.
- Current vintages are sourced from authorized importers or dealers in Europe.
- All wine transported across the ocean in refrigerated boats.
- Older vintages may be srouced from private clients where we are confident of correct storage conditions.
- Read our Safe Shopping Guarantee.