- You must be 21 or older to shop with us and by placing an order with us you represent that you are over 21.
- Someone over 21 must be present to receive and sign for all shipments or deliveries.
- Any delivery that can not be completed will incur additional charges for which you will be responsible including a fee for shipping the order back to us as well as additional fees for any further delivery attempts.
- All shipping is governed by our Terms and Conditions, including these Shipping terms.
Flatiron Wines & Spirits, NY, can arrange the following delivery and shipping options for your wine:
- Ground Shipping
- Local Delivery
- In-Store Pick-Up
At your request, we will engage a carrier (generally Fed Ex) on your behalf to ship your wine to you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
Rates are as follows:
- Manhattan below 125th St., Brooklyn and Queens:
- Free Delivery on orders >$149 (before tax)
- $12.99 per case (box of 1-12 bottles) if above 125th or under-$149
- Rest of New York, Connecticut and DC - Flat Rate Shipping
- $12.99/case on orders over $149 (before tax) shipping to the rest of New York, Connecticut or Washington D.C.
- $29.99/case on orders under $149
- CT Residents: The State of Connecticut only permits us to ship you 5 Gallons in any 2 month period.
- National Flat Rate Shipping
- Ground Shipping to the rest of the country (where available) will be $29.99/case (1-12 bottles).
Timing and Express Shipping
Ground shipments in the continental United States take from one to six business days, depending on the distance--and longer during exceptional circumstances, including Covid. If you would like an estimated shipping time or need faster processing, shipping or delivery, including Express Shipping, please call us (212-477-1315) for rates or let us know where it says "Add a note to your order" in the shopping cart. Note that all alcohol deliveries require an adult (21+) signature.
We do our best to schedule shipments so that your wine isn't stored in warehouses over a weekend. At your request, of course, we'll ship anyway.
All local deliveries require an adult (21+) signature.
Free Neighborhood Delivery. We deliver telephone orders from our New York shop to local neighborhoods same day and for free, if received an hour before closing (currently 7pm everyday) Online orders are processed for next business day delivery.
New York City Deliveries. Unless you call us to request same-day delivery, we generally deliver across New York next day (on orders received before 3pm) by Fedex or by van. Orders may take an extra day or two to consolidate if some stock is in our shop and some stock is in our warehouse. If you need faster service, please call us (212-477-1315). Our regular shipping rates apply.
New York State and Washington DC Deliveries. Deliveries in New York and DC are also on 1-2 business days. Rates are the same as in New York City.
CT deliveries. Flatiron Wines & Spirits is licensed for the sale of wine in CT (#LOR.0000032) and will collect CT sales tax on sales set for delivery to CT. Please note that you are permitted to ship no more than 5 gallons in any two month period from us. You agree to be comply with this restriction. In the event that you buy more wine than we can permissibly ship we will hold your wine, free of charge, until shipping is permitted.
Free In-Store Pick-Up
You can select free in-store pick-up at checkout and we'll get the wine ready for you. But please be sure you know whether you're buying wine that's in NY or SF, since New York orders aren't available for pickup in SF and vice versa. Please allow about a day to make the wine available for pick-up (we will email you when it's ready), but you can always give us a call if you need faster service, and we will do our best.
Orders will be released only to an adult (21+) with a State or Federal ID matching the name on the order. You may also be asked to present the credit card that was used to make the purchase.
Hold for Consolidation
Instead of requesting that we deliver the wine to you or make it available for in-store pickup, you may, at check-out, instead request that we "hold for consolidation". You might do this for any of the following reasons:
- No adult (21+) is available to take delivery of the wine.
- You are concerned about weather and would like to wait for better weather.
- You have placed or plan on placing other orders with us and would like us to consolidate the orders for more efficient shipping or to reach a delivery minimum.
- You have designated third-party couriers or storage companies that will transfer the wines from our warehouse to your account.
If you select Hold for Consolidation at check-out, please provide us with a brief note in the shopping cart where it says "add a note to your order" to let us know what you'd like us to do with your wine. Our warehouse staff may from time to time follow up with you to request instructions, and you can always reach them by calling 212-477-1315.
There is no cost for the consolidation, and storage is free in our warehouse for up to three months (after that Temporary Storage rules below apply). Any follow-up deliveries or store pick-ups that are made from the warehouse will be subject to the delivery charges and other restrictions outlined on this page.
Unless you instruct us otherwise in writing, we will not ship wine in extreme weather conditions. If you place an order with us and weather does not permit safe shipping, we will let you know by email that we are holding the wine in our temperature-controlled warehouse until the temperature moderates. No storage charges will apply for so long as weather does not permit safe shipping.
We can arrange for your wine to ship to you, on your behalf, as more fully described in our Terms and Conditions. But because states from time to time regulate or prohibit the delivery of wine we can't help with all states at all times. You have sole responsibility for complying with local regulations or tax requirements governing shipments outside of NY.
If you have trouble shipping to your state, please call the shop (212-477-1315) to discuss alternative arrangements including holding for pickup, or shipping to another, neighboring state. For more details on shipping see our Terms and Conditions.
International Shipping We are able to ship to any country worldwide where legally permitted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 212-477-1315 to inquire about pricing and shipping options.
Temporary Storage At your request, we will hold any order you place with us for up to three months pending pick-up or delivery instructions at no cost. We will extend this period in the event that weather does not permit safe shipping. Beyond that period, we charge $15/case/month to hold your wine.